The Analyst works with project managers and clients to identify business and systems issues, recommend solutions, and implement those solutions and includes the following responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of more senior firm personnel, consults or interviews clients to ascertain and document current process or systems situation and raises potential problem areas for consideration, based on the scope as provided by the project manager.
- Executes and/or tests the configuration set-up and data conversion of new systems, or upgrades to existing systems. Writes test scripts and works with clients to execute end-to-end business process testing, including systems use and integration between systems.
- Keeps project management apprised of current status and any potential issues or conflicts with project quality, scope, or schedule.
- Coaches client end users on project methodology, appropriate levels of quality, effective engagement methods, and technical issues.
- Maintains active communication with senior company personnel to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, and make sure deadlines are met.
- Adheres to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality
- Performs other job duties as necessary.
May be required to supervise the work of clients or contractors on the project. This may include setting quality and deadline expectations, monitoring performance, reviewing work, and providing feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree from a Tier 1 or Tier 2 university.
- Zero to two years of experience as an Analyst at a consulting firm doing systems integration work or equivalent experience working for an oil and gas company.
- Ability to quickly learn skills relating to the implementation of ERP software applications or tangential systems for oil and gas clients.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office with specific expertise using Microsoft Excel or Access.
- Ability to determine root causes of complex business process and software issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly from documentation or hands-on experimentation with complex software.