The Manager works with project managers and clients to identify business and systems issues, recommend solutions, and implement those solutions and includes the following responsibilities:
- Oversees the assessment of client’s current process or systems situation and prioritizes problem areas for consideration of the client. Manages scope of investigation being done by other project resources. Works with client to change the scope of the project as necessary.
- Executes and/or tests the configuration setup and data conversion of new systems, or upgrades to existing systems for more complex business processes. Writes test scripts and works with client to execute end-to-end business process testing, including systems use and integration between systems for more complex business processes. Responsible for scope and quality of testing for a wide range of business processes.
- Keeps project management and clients apprised of current status and any potential issues or conflicts with project quality, scope, or schedule. Offers recommendations to resolve issues when raising them.
- Coaches client end users, peers and junior members of the project team on project methodology, appropriate levels of quality, effective engagement methods, technical issues, and project management skills.
- Understand and use best practices relating to the implementation of ERP software applications or tangential systems for oil and gas clients. Contribute to project planning and customization of deliverables for individual projects.
- Adheres to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality
- Performs other job duties as necessary.
Supervises the work of junior firm members, clients, or contractors on the project. This may include setting quality and deadline expectations, monitoring performance, reviewing work, and providing feedback, including formal performance feedback for junior firm members. Managers may serve as the project manager of small and medium size projects, where they are responsible for the scope, quality, and schedule of the entire project.
- Bachelor’s degree from a Tier 1 or Tier 2 university.
- Four to seven years of experience at a consulting firm doing systems integration work or equivalent experience working for an oil and gas company.
- Significant experience with any or several of the following software applications is beneficial: Enertia, Bolo, Excalibur, OGSys, SAP, Oracle (with Enterprise Upstream package), ProCount, Tobin Land Products, Quorum Business Solutions Products, EMK3, or others. Have experience leading significant portions of software implementation projects.
- Project Management knowledge and experience with software-related projects.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office with specific expertise using Microsoft Excel or Access.
- Ability to determine root causes of complex business process and software issues and recommend viable solutions to clients and other company personnel. Ability to determine root causes of Project Management issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to persuade others to meet project goals and timelines.
- Ability to learn quickly from documentation or hands-on experimentation with complex software.