The Senior Manager serves as project manager and works with clients to and other company personnel to successfully execute projects and includes the following responsibilities:
- Oversees the assessment of client’s current process or systems situation and prioritizes problem areas for consideration of the client. Manages scope of investigation being done by other project resources. Makes recommendations to the client to change project scope and manages resulting budget and schedule impacts.
- Executes and/or tests the configuration set-up and data conversion of new systems or upgrades to existing systems for more complex business processes. Writes test scripts and works with client to execute end-to-end business process testing, including systems use and integration between systems for more complex business processes. Oversees testing process and is responsible for scope and quality of testing for the entire project.
- Keeps the client partner and clients appraised of current status and any potential issues or conflicts with project quality, scope, or schedule. Offers recommendations to resolve issues and influences clients to meet their best interest when raising issues.
- Coaches peers and junior members of the project team on project methodology, appropriate levels of quality, effective engagement methods, technical issues, and project management skills. Coaches senior clients on project management best practices. Builds company knowledge of project management skills and methods.
- Creates project schedule, estimates, deliverables, and staffing plans to successfully execute a wide range of projects.
- Has knowledge of and has led the implementation of ERP software applications or tangential systems for oil and gas clients.
- Performs the role of counselor and coach; provides input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participates in staff recruitment and retention activities; provides leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices. Serves as role model for staff and develops their skills through coaching and mentoring.
- Responsible for participating in business development/proposal efforts of new sales opportunities and for delivering additional revenue on existing clients where they manage projects.
- Develops practical solutions and methodologies; develops “point of view” documents; active participant in public speaking events; gets published in industry periodicals.
- Present at industry events; seen as expert within professional organizations on relative topics, trends, and changes in business climate.
- Leads engagement planning and budgeting; mobilizes and manages engagement teams; defines deliverable structure and content; facilitates buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; directs on-time, quality delivery of work products; manages engagement economics; manages engagement risk.
- Leads campus and/or experienced hire recruiting.
- Adheres to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality
- Performs other job duties as necessary.
Responsible for delivering revenue on projects already sold that they manage. The Senior Manager is also responsible for identifying follow-on work or new projects with their existing client, and for working with the Client Partner to develop sales strategies for follow-on work or additional projects.
Supervises the work of junior firm members, clients (including the most senior clients), or contractors on the project. This may include setting quality and deadline expectations, monitoring performance, reviewing work, and providing feedback. Senior Managers may serve as the project manager of large projects, where they are responsible for the scope, quality, and schedule of the entire project and for chargeability for the project, as directed by the Client Engagement Partner. Prepares formal performance documentation for those under the Senior Managers supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree from a Tier 1 or Tier 2 university.
- Six to ten years of experience at a consulting firm doing systems integration work or equivalent experience working for an oil and gas company.
- Significant experience with any or several of the following software applications is beneficial: Enertia, Bolo, Excalibur, OGSys, SAP, Oracle (with Enterprise Upstream package), ProCount, Tobin Land Products, Quorum Business Solutions Products, EMK3, or others. Have experience leading significant portions of software implementation projects.
- Project Management expertise and experience with different types of software-related projects (software selections, assessments, implementations, upgrades, etc.).
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office with specific expertise using Microsoft Excel or Access.
- Ability to determine root causes of complex business process and software issues and recommend viable solutions to clients and other company personnel. Ability to determine root causes of Project Management issues and recommend solutions to maintain schedule, quality and cost of projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to persuade others to meet project goals and timelines. Ability to persuade clients to buy follow-on and additional projects.
- Ability to learn quickly from documentation or hands-on experimentation with complex software.