The Consultant works with project managers and clients to identify business and systems issues, recommend solutions, and implement those solutions and includes the following responsibilities:
- Consults or interviews clients to ascertain current process or systems situation and identifies problem areas. Manages the scope of investigation and identifies scope limitations, recommending changes to the project manager to improve the quality of assessment and to fully understand the client’s situation.
- Executes and/or tests the configuration setup and data conversion of new systems, or upgrades to existing systems for more complex business processes. Writes test scripts and works with client to execute end-to-end business process testing, including systems use and integration between systems for more complex business processes.
- Keeps project management apprised of current status and any potential issues or conflicts with project quality, scope, or schedule. Offers recommendations to resolve issues when raising them.
- Coaches client end users, peers and junior members of the project team on project methodology, appropriate levels of quality, effective engagement methods, and technical issues.
- Possess knowledge and experience relating to the implementation of ERP software applications or tangential systems for oil and gas clients.
- Adheres to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality
- Performs other job duties as necessary.
May be required to supervise the work of junior firm members, clients, or contractors on the project. This may include setting quality and deadline expectations, monitoring performance, reviewing work, and providing feedback, including formal performance feedback for junior firm members.
- Bachelor’s degree from a Tier 1 or Tier 2 university.
- Two to three years of experience as an Analyst at a consulting firm doing systems integration work or equivalent experience working for an oil and gas company.
- Experience with any or several of the following software applications is beneficial: Enertia, Bolo, Excalibur, OGSys, SAP, Oracle (with Enterprise Upstream package), ProCount, Tobin Land Products, Quorum Business Solutions Products, EMK3, or others.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office with specific expertise using Microsoft Excel or Access.
- Ability to determine root causes of complex business process and software issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly from documentation or hands-on experimentation with complex software